Media Planner / Buyer – Freelance (Temp to perm opportunity)
We are looking for a Media Planner/Buyer with interest in Freelancing with a “Temp to Perm” opportunity beginning August 2021 through at least November 2021.
You are a seasoned media planner buyer who excels at media planning including digging into research to identify ideal channels and touch points to engage with our client’s prospects, creating media mix strategies that can deliver results with strong rationale. You strive to bring new innovative ideas to the table, and you possess a negotiating prowess to deliver the most cost-efficient media plans.
Media Planner / Buyer
Primary responsibilities will be supporting media planning and buying activities on a group of accounts; with primary focus on Traditional media channels (e.g., Linear TV, Terrestrial Radio, OOH, Print) and select streaming media (e.g., OTT, streaming Audio). Overall roles and responsibilities include:
- Manages the execution of media plans, including preparation of media budgets, schedules of insertions, flowcharts, contracts, and supporting materials.
- Utilizes media planning and buying research resources (e.g., MRI/Simmons, STRATA, SQAD, Nielsen, Kantar, etc.)
- Collaborates with internal Brand Management team/Client and other agency personnel to learn all phases of the clients’ marketing objectives and develop strategically sound plans that address their goals.
- Prepares and presents media plans, as needed, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials.
- Negotiates and purchases media including Local TV, Radio, OOH and Streaming media.
- Professionally represents the agency media department to clients, members of the agency, and to the media.
- Evaluates media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Ensure media authorizations are prepared and executed prior to purchase of media.
- Track’s media expenditures against approved budgets.
- Liaison to accounting department in all matters of media reconciling to insure timely and accurate payments.
This position reports to Senior Vice President, Media.
- 5-7 years media experience preferred
- Solid understanding of marketing, media planning, buying and research
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Media Planning/Buying Tools (i.e., MRI/Simmons, Strata, SQAD, Nielsen, Advantage)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of Online Display, Paid Social; Paid Search a plus
- Organized, and detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through