Sr. Database Developer and Analytics Architect
Are you a Builder during the day and a Designer by night? A futurist, an explorer? We’re looking for someone that can stand out in a crowd, an imaginative coder that can help continue to build out and customize our Analytics capability and prowess at Cronin. Do you enjoy being challenged, thinking of the box and seeing the fruits of your labor deliver positive results? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team, solving problems, and generating solutions with your knowledge of coding and programing to analyze data?
This position sits within the analytics team in the Marketing Analytics department and reports to the Vice President of Marketing Analytics. It requires a highly skilled data engineer who has a passion for all things data. You will be responsible for data architecture, scripting, migrations, and infrastructure to power scalable and client centric applications on our internal and external Cloud platforms. You will be an integral member of our analytics team, working very closely with analysts, media planners, and buyers on different layers of the infrastructure and design that goes in to reporting. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
Sr. Database Developer and Analytics Architect
The Sr. Database Developer and Analytics Architect is responsible for:
Data Warehouse Development/Management:
- Develop highly scalable data management interfaces, as well as software components by employing programming languages and tools.
- Identify, design, and implement operational improvements: automating manual processes, data quality checks, error handling and recovery, re-designing infrastructure as needed.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise and departmental data models for data marts, data warehouses, databases and reporting.
- Support highly complex technical initiatives including new business systems applications, functional enhancements to existing systems, or complex data-related initiatives.
ETL (Extract Transform Load):
- Data Acquisition to collect the data from various sources (Leveraging APIs, ETLs, and other processes).
- Build new data pipelines, identify existing data gaps and provide automated solutions to deliver analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications.
- Build, test, and implement complex analytic business products, including pilots and proof of concept.
Data Analysis / Reporting:
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets.
- Develop and implement interactive analytic dashboards and data visualizations.
- Conduct sophisticated statistical testing and exploratory data analysis.
- Confer with clients and internal teams to craft actionable insights and recommendations to improve campaign results.
- Proactively identify and analyze data, determine causes, evaluate alternative optimizations, and make recommendations for action. Understands the relationship between media channels and effect on campaign results.
- Maintain standard and customized marketing dashboards of key performance metrics while ensuring accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of data.
- Research business problems and create models that help analyze these business problems.
- Collaborate with the Media and Analytics team, the Technology and Innovation department and Brand Management teams to develop sound reporting to best analyze clients’ goals (KPI’s).
- Research and experiment with new and ever-advancing technologies and tools that help in data capture, testing, analysis, and visualization.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Train users on data products/analytic environment.
- Contribute to new business opportunities, not only with measurement guidance but also with industry, market, and trend knowledge.
This position reports to Vice President, Marketing Analytics.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MS preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- 3+ years of database operational or engineering experience.
- Hands-on operational experience with and working in cloud-based environments Amazon Web Services (AWS), AZURE and UBUNTU.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, or equivalent.
- Experience in Python, Bash/Shell, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks.
- Ability to design and develop reports and dashboards using SQL-Based and Non-SQL based tools.
- Knowledge of data modeling, database design/development and data mining techniques.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members – including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to creatively evaluate alternative solutions.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with team, business, and technical partners to achieve objectives. Environmental / Work Schedules / Other.
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing client needs and critically think about how to meet those changing needs.
Proficiency with Office365 programs including:
- General overall comfort with conditional formatting, formulas (such as vlookup), pivot tables, macros and Microsoft Access.
- Exporting and manipulating data, pulling them into Pivot Tables, graphs for trend analysis for use in client facing presentations.
- PowerPoint(Experience producing and formatting client-facing documents)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Google Studio, Tableau, Domo, Kibana, etc.)
** This is an exempt position.