VP, Financial Services / Technology Industry Leader
You are a top-notch marketer and agency professional focused in Financial Services and/or Technology industry marketing, with a terrific reputation and awesome track record. You build relationships and are comfortable working with executives at all levels within client organizations. An excellent writer and communicator, you demonstrate connected knowledge and thought leadership. You’ve been on the client side or have worked close enough to clients to know what it takes to successfully move a Financial Service or Technology marketing organization forward. You build consensus and alignment across constituents to move short term programs forward and advance long-term plans. You’ve been on the agency side and are equally nimble in a matrixed environment and motivate team members to advance brand and company goals.
Vice president, Financial Services and Technology Industry Leader
Our Financial Services and Technology Industry Leader will oversee existing client relationships, lead client development for the vertical, and set the thought leadership agenda for the group in conjunction with management. Cronin’s Financial Services and Technology industry experience includes supporting marketing for clients in insurance, banking (retail, commercial, online, savings, lending), wealth management and advisory/brokerage services. We also have select experience partnering with clients in PCI (payment card industry), real estate, and software-as-a-service (SaaS). We have experience marketing to high-net-worth consumers, B2B and retail consumers. The industry is changing rapidly; you will be a force for change. You’ll direct the cross-functional team that works on the business with a voice in agency management.
Client & team leadership – Establish deeper and more meaningful relationships at existing clients. Grow and mentor a Financial Services and Technology Industry team.
- Partner with our Financial Services and Technology clients to achieve their business objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of initiatives & projects that collectively achieve your and your client’s goals over time.
- Hold annual and quarterly planning meetings with clients, proactively identify high value problems we can solve, and solidity activation plans. Prepare budgets, update forecasts, manage productivity and profitability, and identify resources required.
- Demonstrate deep professional experience in financial services and technology marketing and communications, with a strong creative sense and equally clear understanding of how to apply data, technology, and creative expertise for improved business outcomes.
- Counsel the professional development of direct and indirect reports and oversee their work product, placing a high value on creativity.
- Work with our Centers of Excellence leaders to ensure our deliverables are meeting or exceeding expectations.
Business development to establish new Financial Service and B2B relationships.
- Leverage your knowledge and relationships in Financial Services & B2B to expand the practice, pursuing out-bound and in-bound opportunities, and representing the agency, in conjunction with other team members as required.
- Write exceptional proposals and SOWs that demonstrate deep appreciation for client-side goals, motivate approvals at multiple levels, while clearly articulating the priorities and work processes for the agency.
- Activate the agency against approved SOWs, manage expectations and workloads, to surpass client expectations and lead into our next engagement.
Industry thought leadership
- Oversee agency position statements related to the Financial Services and Technology industry through internally and externally published articles, webinars, or podcasts. Serve as a spokesperson, representing the company on industry panels or associations, demonstrating insight into the future of the industry and our role.
- Establish, recommend, and drive long term talent plans for the unit; manage the growth and performance of the team through meaningful feedback, education, and recognition. Partner with HR to recruit top talent.
Office environment / Reporting Relationships
The position reports to Mark Demuro, agency principal. Agency management includes Kim Manning, who as CEO is strategically involved in top accounts, Steve Wolfberg who is CCO and oversees the creative teams and the video production unit, and Mark Demuro who oversees the industry leaders, new business, business operations & finance.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, and master’s degree a plus. At least 15 years industry experience, 7 years on the agency/consulting side and 7 years of client side with marketing leadership experience. Ideal candidate would have managed a portfolio of large cap and middle market financial services clients, be comfortable in a matrixed organization, and successful in new business development. Deep industry connections expected and ability to bring / transition relationships to agency relationships. Impeccable references and flawless background assumed.
Background check required.
This role requires in-person work at our Glastonbury, Connecticut office.
Please no recruiters.