Cronin & Off Leash Studios Win Top Honors at Ad Club CT
Capture 26 Awards including “Best of Show”, “Gold Pen” and “Creative Inspiration Award”
GLASTONBURY, CONN. / May 28, 2019 – Cronin and Off Leash Studios, its new visual content company, captured top honors at the 64th Annual Ad Club CT Awards. Off Leash Studios, making its award season debut having been launched by Cronin just under a year ago, took home “Best of Show” for its “Text-to-911” Integrated Campaign for the CT Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. It also landed the “Creative Inspiration Award” which honors work that pushes boundaries, elevates the art of advertising and inspires creative thinking for the same campaign. Cronin won “Gold Pen” for a Single Poster for Stubborn Beauty Brewing. Together, Cronin and Off Leash received a total of 26 awards and claimed “Best of Show” and “Gold Pen” for the second year in a row.
The Text-to-911 Integrated Campaign combined the talents of both Cronin and Off Leash. The campaign supported the launch of Connecticut’s new Text-to-911 capability which allows residents to send a text message to 911 from a handheld device in situations where it is either unsafe or they are unable to place a voice call. The campaign, under the theme of “Call if you can, text if you can’t,” included a logo; television, radio, online, outdoor and cinema advertising; posters; social media alerts and outreach to target populations.
The best copywriting of the year honor went to Cronin for a poster for Stubborn Beauty Brewing with the headline “You’d Buy It A Drink If It Wasn’t Already A Beer.” The poster was part of a series displayed at the Middletown-based microbrewery.
“To win awards for such a wide cross section of our work is incredibly rewarding and demonstrates the breadth of services we deliver for our clients, at the highest levels of impact and quality,” said Kim Manning, Principal and CEO.
“We created Off Leash Studios to meet consumers’ insatiable appetite for content,” said Steve Wolfberg, Chief Creative and Growth Officer. “Brands who feed that need with content that’s timely, engaging and creative lead the pack. These awards are the ultimate proof of concept for Off Leash Studios.”
In addition to the “Best of Show” and “Creative Inspiration Award”, Off Leash Studios also won the following:
- “Closet,” “Girl,” “Breakdown” for CT Department of Emergency Services & Public Protection (DESPP) Text-to-911 Campaign – TV Commercial Series ($10,000-$50,000)
- “Closet” for CT DESPP Text-to-911 Campaign – TV Commercial Single (under $10,000)
- “Breakdown” for CT DESPP Text-to-911 Campaign – TV Commercial Single (under $10,000)
- “Girl” for CT DESPP Text-to-911 Campaign – TV Commercial Single (under $10,000)
- Text-to-911 Campaign for CT DESPP – Integrated Campaigns (consumer)
In addition to “Gold Pen”, Cronin also won the following:
- “The Campaign of Beers” for Stubborn Beauty – Poster Series
- “Barbecue” for Amica Mutual Insurance – TV Commercial Single (over $50,000)
- “You’d Buy It A Drink If It Wasn’t Already a Beer” for Stubborn Beauty – Single Poster
- “Barbecue” for Amica – Video/DVD
- “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” for Cronin – Agency/Individual Self-Promotion
- Cronin Holiday Gift Card – Agency/Individual Self-Promotion
- 2019 Singularity Label Design for Stubborn Beauty – Packaging Design/Single
- “The Keg Kicks You” for Stubborn Beauty – Single Poster
- “Hey, My Eyes Are Up Here” for Stubborn Beauty – Single Poster
- “Racist Uncle” for Stubborn Beauty – Single Poster
- Off Leash Corporate Identity for Off Leash Studios – Corporate Design/Identity System
- Off Leash Studios Logo – Corporate Design/Logo Design
- Text-to-911 Poster Series for CT DESPP – Poster Series
- “Girl” for CT DESPP – Single Poster
- “Closet” for CT DESPP – Single Poster
- “Hey Baby Is This A Submarine” for Stubborn Beauty – Single Poster
- “Beer Pass” for Stubborn Beauty – Single Poster
- AZO Website for i-Health – Website
The “Oscars of Connecticut Advertising,” the Ad Club CT is the oldest and most prestigious award show in the state. It rewards excellence in creativity, strategy, execution, copy and design.
Based in Glastonbury, Cronin is a digitally driven, results-focused marketing agency that’s propelled by technology, steeped in creativity and rooted in truth. The agency’s capabilities include: strategy and analytics; advertising; content development; media planning, buying and optimization; digital services; public relations; social media; direct marketing; and research. Cronin is a member of the American Association of Advertising Agencies, Public Relations Society of America, Direct Marketing Association, and is a Premier Google Partner. The agency was named a “Top Shop” in Connecticut by AdWeek Magazine, “Top Workplace” by the Hartford Courant three years in a row, and was declared the “Best Advertising Agency” and “Best Public Relations Firm” by the Hartford Business Journal in 2017. For additional information, visit www.cronin-co.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Off Leash Studios is a visual content company launched by Cronin in August of 2018. Off Leash specializes in video production, graphics & animation and photography. For more information, visit www.offleashstudios.com and follow us on Instagram.