Cronin Wins Top Honors at Ad Club CT
Captures Best of Show, Gold Pen and 16 Additional Awards
GLASTONBURY, CONN. / May 25, 2018 – Cronin, a digitally driven marketing agency in Connecticut, took home the top honor last night at the Ad Club CT Awards winning “Best of Show” for its social media campaign for Amica Mutual Insurance. Cronin also captured the “Gold Pen” recognizing the best copywriting of the year for its “Cricket” video which was part of the Amica social campaign and earned an additional 16 awards for work for a variety of other clients.
The Amica social media campaign called “Unhelpful Explanations” centered around just that – unhelpful explanations that everyone has experienced and contrasting that with how helpful Amica is in explaining insurance. The campaign included three video executions entitled “Cricket,” “Youth Basketball,” and “Quantum Mechanics.” The videos were featured on a variety of digital channels including content portals, native online video, Roku devices, paid placements on YouTube and Facebook, and on Amica’s social properties.
“What sets this campaign apart is simply how relatable the ‘unhelpful explanations’ are and how the videos not only entertain viewers, but demonstrate a key brand truth for Amica – when you call Amica, they don’t just sell you an insurance policy; they consult with you and explain what you really need to know,” says Steve Wolfberg, principal and chief creative & growth officer.
“Creating engaging content that illuminates a brand truth is at the heart of what we do at the agency,” says Kim Manning, principal and chief executive officer. “To be recognized as having the absolute best of advertising in the state is a big honor and a major nod not only to our very talented staff but our clients as well.”
This year’s Ad Club Awards received 348 entries from 34 different organizations. In addition to the “Best of Show” and “Gold Pen” awards, Cronin also won the following:
- “Unhelpful Explanations” for Amica – Social Media Campaign
- “Cricket” for Amica – Video
- “Youth Basketball” for Amica – TV Commercial Single
- “One Heck of a HELOC”/ “Island in the Sun”/ “Don’t Worry be APY” for Liberty Bank – Outdoor Series
- Cronin Logo for Cronin – Logo Design
- “Cricket” for Amica – TV Commercial Single
- “Youth Basketball” for Amica – Video
- “Banking Should Be Easy” for Liberty Bank – Social Media Campaign
- “Don’t Worry be APY” for Liberty Bank – Outdoor Single
- Can Design for Stubborn Beauty – Package Design
- Cronin Logo & Stationary for Cronin – Corporate ID System
- “Beyond the Face” for Connecticut Children’s Medical Center – Original Photography
- “Quantum Mechanics” for Amica – Video
- “Beyond the Face” for Connecticut Children’s Medical Center – Pubic Service
- “8 Ball” for Global Atlantic – Online Banner Ad
- “Chipmunk” for Liberty Bank – Video
The “Oscars of Connecticut Advertising,” the Ad Club CT is the oldest and most prestigious award show in the state. It rewards excellence in creativity, strategy, execution, copy and design.
Based in Glastonbury, Cronin is a digitally driven, results-focused marketing agency that’s propelled by technology, steeped in creativity and rooted in truth. The agency’s capabilities include: strategy and analytics; advertising; content development; media planning, buying and optimization; digital services; public relations; social media; direct marketing; and research. Cronin is a member of the American Association of Advertising Agencies, Public Relations Society of America, Direct Marketing Association, and is a Premier Google Partner. The agency was named a “Top Shop” in Connecticut by AdWeek Magazine, “Top Workplace” by the Hartford Courant three years in a row, and was declared the “Best Advertising Agency” and “Best Public Relations Firm” by the Hartford Business Journal in 2017. For additional information, visit www.cronin-co.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.