The Associate Brand Manager is an entry level role for candidates with one to two years experience in Brand Management. The ABM assists the brand management team by coordinating projects and other details that pertain to the day-to-day development and implementation of all work the Agency creates on behalf of its Clients.
- The ABM will establish a strong awareness and understanding of the Client’s brand and a foundation upon which to build.
- Work with the brand management team to help coordinate projects from start to finish.
- Help coordinate the development, production, placement and billing of advertising in an organized, mistake-free manner.
- Establish trusted, respected relationships with client contacts and internal team members. Help foster a positive internal team environment and overall Client/Agency relationship.
- Be a clear, concise communicator to minimize misunderstandings and to represent the Agency and the Agency’s thinking/perspective accurately and professionally.
- Help coordinate the daily job flow process (creative, media, talent, other) with internal team, vendors and Clients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Understand and adhere to established Agency process including proper development and use of:
- Job orders, change orders, project alerts.
- Creative Briefs, Media Briefs.
- Meeting Agendas: Internal & Client.
- Client Meeting Reports (develop/distribute within two business days from meeting date).
- Regular Status Reports (update/distribute regularly; usually weekly or bi-monthly).
- Budget Summaries (update/distribute monthly).
- Talent Residuals Summaries (update/distribute monthly).
- Maintain strong command of project status; update regular status report for supervisor review and participate in Client status meetings.
- Earn supervisor trust. Continue to take on more and more of the daily job flow per supervisor direction. Manage up: Keep supervisor informed as appropriate.
- With supervisor oversight, provide timely, clear and accurate direction to interdisciplinary teams (i.e. media, PR, interactive, etc.)
- Demonstrate solid organization skills. In particular, organize and maintain all necessary records for assigned accounts so that they are easily accessible for anyone within the Agency at all times:
- Ensure server files are complete and current ongoing.
- Thoroughly review (proof and access) all aspects of the agency’s “product” prior to client presentation (i.e. all daily correspondence, communications plans, creative concepts, media plans, results reports, etc.) to ensure it is on strategy, accurate and on time.
- Identify opportunities to deepen Client relationships and work with supervisor(s) to act on them.
- Coordinate the development and administration of Clients budget(s).
- Assist brand management team in obtaining client approvals and authorizations for all project estimates and media buys prior to execution.
- Be an example of the agency’s superior Brand Management standards, and an overall advocate for the Agency.
In addition, the position involves other duties such as:
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; verbal and written.
- Impeccable organizational skills. Great at managing details and multiple things at once.
- Resourceful; problem solver who thinks about and asks smart questions.
- BA/BS in related discipline.
1-2 years Brand Management experience. Experience can be combined with applicable intern experience.